What do you enjoy most about wealth management?
I love working with people and understanding their goals and dreams, and helping to define a path to make them happen.
What do you love most about being part of Hart Financial Group?
I am blessed to be part of a team of highly talented and compassionate advisors who believe that by putting their clients’ needs ahead of their own leads to ultimate success.
What qualities of yours makes you well suited for your role at Hart Financial Group?
I listen to what my clients say and stay focused helping them achieve their financial goals.
What hobbies or interests do you have outside of work?
Like most people, I love spending time with my family. We enjoy water and snow skiing. I love fly fishing, hiking and camping.
If you had to choose another career what would you do and why?
I would be a history professor. I have always loved studying and reading about history.
What’s one experience you wish you could do all over again?
My father and I went on a scuba diving trip to Mexico when I graduated from high school. He passed away three years later and this trip stands out as the best time I had with my father.
If you could live anywhere besides Austin, where would you live and why?
While I enjoy visiting other parts of the country and the world, I could not imagine living anywhere but Austin.
Education and Accreditations:
• B.A. in Economics, Vanderbilt University
• B.A. in History, Vanderbilt University
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ Professional-Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards Inc.
• Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
• Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
• Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
• Series 55 – Limited Representative-Equity Trader Exam
• Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
• Series 4 – Registered Options Principal Examination
Jimmy has worked in the financial services industry since 1994. First as a floor trader on the Chicago Board of Trade, next as the head Equity Trader for a mutual fund company, then as an advisor to high net worth families and professionals. He joined Hart Financial Group in 2006.
Jimmy received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and History from Vanderbilt University in 1994. Jimmy and his wife, Amy, have three children: Jimmy, Janie and Andy.